What did we test?
- CimAlp Men’s Warm Technical Base Layer Trousers £34.90
- CimAlp Women’s Warm Technical Base Layer Trousers £34.90
- Optimal moisture transfer for all your activities
- Extra-soft, brushed interior for superior comfort
- Odours limited by IONIC technology by CimAlp
- Ergonomic, feminine shape
- Flat stitcghing
What did we think?
We’re keen to spend time outdoors in all weathers, and that means we frequently go out walking in cold and wet conditions. I usually wear a pair of leggings or thermals under my usual walking trousers in winter, but partner Andy was new to technical base layers and was keen to give them a go.
The base layers proved to be an equally good and comfy fit for both of us. I like the fact that they are warm without being bulky and whilst they fit snugly, they weren’t tight and moved with me, in fact once on I barely noticed I was wearing an extra layer.
We’ve since been out walking wearing our base layers under our usual walking gear in freezing cold weather with snow on the ground and on wet and windy days. Normally winter days with strong winds can be really chilling as the wind whips through walking trousers, but the added layer makes a huge difference.
We often stop for a bite to eat or just to enjoy a view part-way through a walk, and sitting on the grass or on a rock in winter in normal walking trousers can lead to a very cold bottom, but we sat comfortably on a cliff edge in Angelsey for almost half an hour in total comfort thanks to the CimAlp base layers.
The interior of the leggings/long johns are soft and brushed making them feel really cosy to wear and although I’m not particularly tall, I have longer than average legs, and found the length of the women’s leggings perfect.
We’ve already made a lot of good use of our CimAlp base layers and would definitely recommend them.
What we liked most
- Brushed interior is warm and cosy without adding bulk
- Good leg length and overall an excellent fit for both of us
- Nice high waist, sitting on the natural waistline so they keep your lower back warm
Thank you to CimAlp for supplying the featuring product for us to review.